Just as parents are increasingly reaching for the almond butter over the peanut butter, AB&J (almond butter and jelly) sandwiches are enjoying a serious moment. After all, almonds have more vitamins, minerals, and fiber than their peanut cousins. So it’s no surprise that our AB&J Smoothie is a great choice for both taste and nutrition. Rich and creamy, this sweet breakfast smoothie is packed full of protein with a dose of honey for sweetness. Blend up a batch of our almond butter and jelly smoothie for yourself today or be generous and share this treat with the kids.
AB&J Smoothie: A Sweet Breakfast Beverage
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 cup banana, frozen
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or agave
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
Almond butter: almonds contain protein and healthy fats to keep you full while supporting healthy brain function.
Raspberries: are rich in vitamin C and other nutrients known to preserve skin health.
Bananas: help you meet your potassium and fiber needs while offering up a sweet taste and creamy consistency.
Coconut milk: hydrates and helps keep blood pressure and cholesterol in check.
Honey: supports allergy relief and delivers antioxidants to lower blood pressure.
Cacao: helps build healthy muscles and promotes brain function.
Chia seeds: contain protein along with fatty acids to lower cardiovascular risk.
Hemp seeds: have omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids to protect the heart.
Flaxseed: boasts natural anti-inflammatory properties that fortify strong hair growth.
- Add 1/2 cup almond butter to the blender or food processor.
- Add 2 cups fresh raspberries.
- Add 1 cup of frozen banana.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk.
- Add 1 tablespoon raw honey or agave.
- Add 2 tablespoons cacao nibs.
- Add 1 tablespoon chia seeds.
- Add 1 tablespoon hemp seeds.
- Add 1 tablespoon flaxseed.
- Blend all ingredients until smooth and well combined.
- Pour contents into a tall glass.
- Drink now or chill and enjoy later.