This is a quick healthy recipe. It takes less than 30 minutes to make and is a yummy way to indulge in your cruciferous veggies. Broccoli does not have much flavor, so pairs best with ingredients that can highlight its taste and make it palatable. In this broccoli stir-fry, soy sauce does the job. Tempeh is great for your gut, and the soy sauce brings all the flavors together. Keep in mind that soy sauce is high in salt, so use a moderate amount.
Broccoli Stir-Fry with Tempeh
- 1 medium onion
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 ounces tempeh
- Broccoli:contains sulforaphane, which may reduce the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- Onion: contains phytochemicals, which help remove free radicals and lower blood pressure.
- Tempeh: high in probiotics, tempeh promotes the growth of good bacteria in the gut.
- Extra virgin olive oil: contains monounsaturated fat, which may reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Soy sauce: regulates fat content in the bloodstream and boosts good cholesterol.
- Dice the onion.
- Warm up the extra virgin olive oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Cook the onion in the oil until it becomes translucent.
- Add the broccoli and soy sauce, and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add tempeh and cook for around 10 minutes.